Quote:

Thanks to all who responded. 1st engine referred with my brother bearing clearances were .003 rods and .003 mains, I thought what I wrote correct so I asked him, he checked notes on build and these were the clearances. rod bearings were calico CB663hndbx4. Rods are carillo steel CR426ss. Shift at 7000 and go through the 1/8 at 6400. 440 source oil pan with drag link through pan 10 quarts 15w40 rotella, wix racing filter.Oil pressure at idle hot 60 to 65. Don't know what oil pressure is at end of pass, my friend who's car it is hasn't got comfortable driving the car enough to look at gauges for that information. 2nd go around clevite cb527p bearing. That bearing in clevite was all we could find at .030 rod bearing. Clearances on this were .0035 rod .0030 mains. The engine has 440-1 heads so oil to the top end is oiled externally with 1 60 holly jet feeding both heads. All other bearings in great shape, even #7 which you know is fed off of #4 main. This block is supposed to be priority main oiling so if there are any oil mods to this block, I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks again to all help.

.0035 rod clearance to start, isn't that a little much ?

Also you said you have a MEGA BLOCK, is it a MEGABLOCK or a WORLD block ? World has priority main oiling, Megablock does not.