For a decent corner carving, auto-crossing, fair weather driver? Suspension will be Hotchkis TVS and some sort of steering box upgrade. I know having a big block isn't "ideal", but there are plenty of members here that run them and their cars handle.

I'm getting ready to hang up the hobby/project for 4 years while I'm in England. So I'll have plenty of time to brain storm and save up money (hopefully).

Since I know the history of my current combo (I pulled the motor from a running 69 New Yorker with 60,000 miles), I was almost dead set to go with 440source heads (my stock heads are still from the leaded fuel era), maybe a 512 stroker kit (since my 45 year old motor has never been rebuilt and is ready for a refresh), Milodon road race pan, and FAST Easy EFI to replace the Eddy 750. I'm estimating this snowball would probably cost around +$7K.

Main reason, I would like to go EFI. I tried auto crossing with the carb and it would stall out sometimes, even with a baffled fuel tank, electric pump, -8 fuel lines, and return style regulator. These Easy EFI's look nice but are SPENDY!

With all of these Gen III Hemi builds going on, it has got me thinking it might be a better way to go for drive-ability and maybe(?) even cost less. But then I'll have to worry about headers, mounts, and everything else associated with it. And I just don't want any more car parts laying around afterward... as I tend to hoard everything, and this has put me over my weight allowances for moving and storage... which isn't good when you are in the military.

I plan on doing a 5-speed or T-56 conversion some day too, even though there is nothing wrong with my TCI 727 manual valve body trans with GV overdrive. I'm still pulling around 3000 RPM to keep up on the freeway (w/ 3.55 gears) getting 10 mpg and having to fill up every 125 miles or so . I really like the T-56 in my WS6, cruising 65-75mph at 1500-1800 rpm even with 3.73 gears, averaging 20 mpg.

So, what do you think? Ditch the whole 440/727 GV combo in favor for 6.1(?) and mega squirt? Or, build up what I already have? I'm pretty handy and willing to do the work myself, short of the machining.

Sorry if this has already been debated to death, I didn't want to hijack anybody's thread.