Quote:

So the Cummins is typically good for well over 300,000 miles, but at what point does the rest of the truck start to deteriorate significantly. In other words, if you were looking at a used truck, what would be your cutoff point on miles?

Body is the best part of the truck.

210,000 miles on my '01 Off-Road above. Not a single rattle in that cab. The 2Gens are without question the best mix of mechanical simplicity and modern comfort.

The undisputed weakness in these trucks is the front axle. I still have the OEM track bar, steering linkage, tie-rod ends and ball joints. The hubs, outer u-joints and passenger-side axle seal are have all been replaced for the third time. I'd like to have a word with the Ram Manager that ok'd this Mechanics' delight, I just gone done working on it.......AGAIN!

The undisputed weakness in the Cummins department is the Meathead tuner bunch and their funny ideas about "cold" air kits and running 150hp chips. It taxes everything on the truck and literally lets in the biggest enemy to diesel: dirt. These Twits shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a diesel engine.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".