Quote:

I don't have the numbers but he says it is too small. The motor had good oil pressure before it was taken apart so I have to wonder what's so bad about too much clearance?

This crank has been through that bad shop in Memphis and the journals have been polished too much I think. Problem is I am in the process of having pistons made for it that will also match the wore out 4.538 bore. The rings are expensive. With 47cc chamber heads I need 38cc dish and 0.060 in the hole to get 10-1 which is kinda high but usable with the side slinger blower. Could get a new crank but finding one with that same stroke may be tough. Any more stroke and it will take even more dish or further down in the hole. That would push the comp height.

I feel like I am trying to make a silk purse outta a pigs ear here.

Lots of Pigs Ear engines win races every season--in fact they are the most fun--winning with less than Perfect engines is the Normal--The perfect anal guys never sleep at night because they worry too much and can't win--Us Dumb racers put our " junk" together and never think of it again and can Concentrate on winning races