Quote:

Quote:

When the piston heats up it expands and those tight pistons will be just fine. That's as long as you can move them by hand.

That's my

R.

WD 40, Water Dispersment Formula # 40, is a rust preventive that evaporates, it is not a very good lubricant so try using light weight oil(ATF ) on the pins sqirted in from the outside of the pistons and then heat the piston wrist pin bosses up ( I use a heat gun or hair dryer depending on how hot I want to get the part)so the oil will soak in and help you free the pins up by rotating and flushing the gunk out with more oil

I spent some time last night on 2 of the pistons, used a heat gun as suggested above and kept squirting PB blaster on the sides, after about 5 minutes on each, I got them pretty loose and floppy, I could easily move it back and forth and side to side with little effort. Very excited about that!

However went into the garage this morning to go to work and checked them again and they were tight again as they were last night

I didnt use any other oil as suggested above yet, thats my next plan, to heat them up again, work them for another 5 to 10 min then oil them with a bit of light oil.

Then Ill move on to the last piston which was the tightest of the 3 but still moves.