Quote:

Quote:

Me thinks not, I've never saw a original pre 1971 Mopr that had a painted M.C., slant six, to hemi cars My 1970 V code Charger R/T with a SCP date of 10-29-1969 had a plan old non painted M.C. like yours with power disc brakes Same thing on many 340,383, 440 U and V codes B and E bodies as well as several slant six Chargers I saw back in the day The old brake fluid will weep through the cast iron and make the paint sluff off, the paint falling onto the exhaust manifold can cause a fire

Sorry but you're wrong. I'll go through my pics for survivors but I've researched '70 'Bees for a decade now (especially Lynch Rd. cars) and I can tell you that they came painted.

Dave

Dave stop proving yourself, no matter what you say to some they always know better. I don't understand why guys that generally post in Race sections are now adding their comments in the Restoration Forum when they know not what they speak.
The Bendix setup was painted as an assembly with booster like you showed.
There were other setups like my 72 that have a Plated Booster that use bare masters, it's not a blanket answer for all.
Ron

Last edited by RJS; 11/20/14 06:37 PM.