Quote:

Quote:

Any quality shop can work on your Mopar motor. Nothing about them requires it to be a MOPAR shop to build it.

Monte

That's a very fair point and I respect it.

I didn't mean to insinuate that a good machinist could not do the required work, but I would like to deal with someone who favors Mopars (a) because I would like to support such an individual with my business and (b) I feel such a person may/should know the specific parts better, or have greater experience with them to help steer me in the correct direction.

Thanks for the replies.

Building an engine, in ANY brand is the same. The selection of parts is also the same depending on the intent of the engine and the desired power level. To make a certain amount of power, you need a certain quality of parts and a certain amount of air flow. Parameters easily come up with by a competent builder.

Now I will say this............there is a guy in the Ontario area that runs an engine shop and he either currently, or WAS the crew chief/engine builder on an A/Fuel dragster. That's about as Mopar as you get, but I doubt very seriously his shop is known as a Mopar shop. I recently had a BBC apart that he built and the machine work was simply beautiful.

Monte