Quote:

Quote:

I think Pro Stock as it is now has to be one of the most boring classes since the 8.90 / 9.90 BS
WHO CARES?? Those funny cars on gas do not sell cars for Dodge/ Ford/ Chevy IMO
Start all over--Keep the name and use new Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers with a set of headers and an 10 inch slick and let the DRIVERS go at it. I would pay to watch a field of a hundred or so go to war on each other--make it a Session--back to back hot lapping--showroom stock except open headers and slicks--autos have to run factory converter and trans with zero mods--4 speeds get a pass on good clutch and bell otherwise showroom stock--Every guy in the USA that has a car could spend $2k on it and be ready to race --get an NHRA membership/ license etc and Violia!! I just saved the NHRA

The problem with that is, who's going to leave their job to dedicate themselves to running the circuit?

There is a real dilemma. With insurance costs, maintenance, costs, staff, equipment, etc., a track has to be able to draw a large crowd and charge huge fees to stay afloat. The only way to do that is with the high dollar pro categories. Let's face it, run a raceday without any pro categories and you're lucky if you can squeeze $15. out of a spectator and if they get 5 spectators for every racecar they'd be doing good! That just doesn't pay the bills.

Honestly, I think a lot of tracks only exist because they're money laundering.