Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What oil pan did he have? I bought the 6qt hemi pan and haven't had any leaks on mine.

Here U go..
There was a hairline crack in the welded seam..

Just my $0.02..

I've heard of similar problems with Milodons so I wouldn't consider this a show stopper. Honestly, I believe all oil pans come from the same place - there's no way a company could justify the cost of dies to stamp out Mopar oil pans. My guess would be Milodon makes the pans and sells to 440Source, Summit, etc who "rebrand" the pan. Likewise with the windage trays.

440Source stuff I've had/have:
distributor - sold to someone who needed it urgently
water pump - hogged out the passage but got a smokin deal on a MP piece - sold the 440Source piece
heads - sold - decided the stroker needed more flow, bought Indys
fabbed timing cover - sold - crank seal hole was offset once installed. Probably wouldn't have been an issue but I wasn't satisfied.
valley tray and holddowns - sold - didn't need them after sellin the heads
alternator and bracket kit - on the motor. This is an Andy F. kit FWIW
serpentine pulleys and belt - on the motor - very nice pieces
fluid damper - on the motor
rear oil seal kit - on the motor
complete stroker kit - in the motor

Noted your experiences..
Since we travel to China frequently sourcing consumer electronics for certain major clients, we understand the Chinese culture and manufacturing system very well. Note that we are responsible for purchasing in excess of $100 million of merchandise @ FOB level. Also we have visited China and their factories over 35 times...
The basic problem is monitoring the tooling and raw material sourcing process, plus auditing the mass-production process. If U don't have someone on site it is a crapshoot. Plus U have to conduct in-depth outgoing product quality inspection using AQL standards.

Many companies source from China through a broker agent and again who knows if they are paid off or not. We have known 440Source and some of their principals for over 10 years, and could disclose multiple stories about them....

Suffice to say if U are building a high performance engine, don't cut corners use established quality brands of equipment..
If not, as pappy says...
The lowest price is not always the best deal...

Just my $0.02...