Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't even consider the cyl heads until I was sure the intake wasn't the problem. In your case the intake is the problem. That's a fact

Consider this... Lets say your new heads flow 280 (big number) but your stock intake will only let you have 230 cfm of that. Do you think that is the recipe to hp happiness?

Intake will be your problem, that is a fact

this!

Ok, then while were at it, lets fix the intake problem first. I know the edelbrock performer RPM is the one advised the most but i have been told by many that it will not fit under the hood in a 440 dart. This sucks. Is there possibly another intake out there that will fit and be even close to the performance of the edelbrock performer rpm?

Edelbrock RPM Performer fits /w plenty of room on my '68 440 Dart. Flat Hood

are you serious? No mods or anything to make it fit? would it be any different in mine being its a 1972? HMMM...Its been a long time since i inquired about this intake so dont remember ...could it have been possibly because i use a thermoquad and that combined with the RPM performer made it too tall? Will a thermoquad even bolt up to the RPM intake?