here is a 70 V-code 4spd Charger I had a while back.

I always knew about this car but the guy would never even talk about it.
after about 10-15 years of pestering him he finally caved in and sold it to me. it wasnt until I stopped at the local tavern on the way home from picking it up that I got the story on the car from a few locals who immediately recognised the car and even described the owner saying they were looking for that car for quite a while in the 70s .

this was a 40k orig mile charger and the story goes that it was hidden behind a garage in the mid 70s because of being involved in a street race accident where a big block corvette ended up rolling over on the highway.
the Charger survived without a scratch and the owner quickly left the scene but he didnt want to get caught as the local PD and a few folks were looking for this purple charger, so the owner parked it out Behind his garage (Why not in the garage) until things cooled off . a short time later someone busted all the windows out of it and that was the beginning of the end for a nice old charger.
guess you could two great cars were destroyed street racing on that day in the 70s . one just had a slow painfull death......

4885777-DSC02606.JPG (1242 downloads)