Quote:

1st off, NEVER tie down to the body. ALWAYS to the suspension. You CANNOT get the straps tight enough to keep the body from stretching your straps. Sooner or later they will snap. Find a point on the rear itself. Usually near the shock plate. I usually use the u-bolt and attach a link or 2 of chain. On the front find a spot close to the lower balljoint. I have used the sway bar link hole. I have also bolted a small piece of chain to the lower control arm. By attaching to the suspension the tires cannot move. The spring in the body will allow the straps to go loose on compression and on decompression that's when the snap. I have seen way too many straps snapped and the car moves and gets damaged. Hooked to the suspension there is no compression or decompression therefore they can't break. I have been towing cars and heavy equipment for close to 45 years and have NEVER had any damage using this method. As an example, look at any new car carriers. They all use wheel style straps. No more chains to the frame. They have been using this method for many many years. They found out that by not getting the chains tight enough the hooks were pulling out of the frame, by the bodies compressing and decompressing the suspension, damaging them. I hope this helps someone to not damage their vehicle. Good luck.

I believe what the OP was asking for is for the suspension? It bolts to the u bolts and that's part of the rear end.

IMO I would never add weight to my race car just to tie it down. Plus the extra weight is going to change the shocks settings too.

I would just use axle straps to it tie down.

Here a post where I was preaching on how to tie down a car. See if you agree with me? web page