Quote:

I have a 70 Cuda 440-6 with the original 4 speed and 4.10 dana. However, I have the original bare block and intake, no engine internals etc. I would like it to look stock under the hood. My assumption is to buy a quality new crank and rods as those can not be seen. I believe the harmonic balancer is different than a tradditional 440, I would like the correct looking one. The cylinder heads, better off with a used set or better off with a new set that look correct? Are the correct heads readily available? The camshaft, i have been told that I am better off with a hydraulic roller camshaft. They make more power and better off than a solid lifter type... Sorry about the book, I am new to the site and appreciate the input.
Thanks!!

The 6BBL balancer looks different than the 4BBL. I don't know for sure, but I would think that it could be balanced to your new internals. It and the flywheel are unique due to the different pistons and rods. Additional external weights, if I remember correctly. I would be a little concerned about their integrity as old as they are now. Can they be rebuilt? I don't know.

On the heads, give us some more info on the engine and it's intended use. That way guys can point you in the right direction. But to look right, you will need some heads from the 70s. The new aluminum heads out now would do a much better job on your engine, but they do not look at all like the originals.

Hydraulic roller cam set-ups are expensive. Again, lay out your intentions and there are many here that can help you with cam and head recommendations. But the only heads that will look correct are the heads from that period of time. And they will limit the amount of power and displacement that you will likely make. Unless you intend to throw a bunch of money at it.

Master, again and still