Thanks all for the replies.

I guess the reason I am looking at Power Wagons/ 4WD, is that I like the Stance, and off-road capability.

Granted, I already have a '79 Jeep CJ5 with Factory AMC V8, headers, 3-inch dual exhaust, 33-inch tires, but I can't tow with it.

First off, In California, '75 and earlier vehicles are smog inspection exempt, so you can tinker a bit, swap engines, add performance parts, etc.

Actually, it's been a recent evolution; Initially, I just figured on a 2WD Dodge pickup. Then I thought 4WD would be nice too. I plan to keep my Jeep and add a Power Wagon to my stable.

I looked over a '74 W200 today. It starts/runs/drives, but is in pretty rough shape.

On balance, the W/S Wiper/Defroster cowling is missing (saw online replacement for $70). Also missing is the front right vent window, padded dash, shift knob and tailgate. The front and rear bumpers are bent-up and need straightening or replacement.

As for the body, assorted waves, dents and holes.

It has a 318, 2BBL, 4-Speed, Dana 44 and 60, 33-inch tires. Not much rust on/under it, but exterior painted with rattle-cans.The asking price is $2,500, but the owner is willing to be flexible on price.

I'm capable of fixing most everything myself, which is both a blessing and a curse. When I look at something I'm considering, I see all the possibilities, know I can fix them, but there are only so many hours in a day, and I always have way more projects than I can ever do justice to.

Last edited by D_C; 10/27/14 04:13 PM.