Quote:

Quote:

... But according to other people on this post, button pusher CNC guys like myself, aren't smart enough to fix a bad flowing port. Only a guy with a fast spinning piece of sandpaper on the end of a stick is. That's other peoples opinion

If you have a flow bench, the proper tools to map the velocity changes that go along with subtle changes to the port, the knowledge of how & where to change the port to address deficiencies in the velocity profile & flow patterns AND the ability to translate those changes to the code to revise the tool path w/o having to physically change the original port and re-digitize it, then you're good to go!

I'll have to ask Chad Speier and Curtis Boggs how they like being referred to as "a guy with a fast spinning piece of sandpaper on the end of a stick".

That's why I stated earlier about getting proper feedback and tracking data. That all goes under the proper tools. A good programmer just doesn't go in and change a program just to change it. They need feedback and justification and they jump right on it. You and I are saying the same things I feel. Just seeing it differently I guess.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin