Ok, I don't even Know where to begin, I am in the process of putting a 5.7 hemi in my 72 dart/scamp with a S480 turbo.
Everyone has seen these write ups and articles in the magazine about junk yard 5.7 hemi boosted makes ***HP…… awesome and sounds like fun right, not so much…… as Ray a great friend of mine (SixPackgut) and I found out last night growing gray hairs its more than just that.

You don’t ever see them putting these motors in cars and the wild exhaust is run however which way it could run to connect while sitting on an Engine Dyno.

Note if this was not a BOOSTED application then there wouldn’t be a problem at all and fits really good.

My experience: 5.7 hemi out of 03 Ram. (Also trying to run Exhaust Forward to connect to turbo) The SRT manifolds are too BIG AND BULKY with or without a Tubular front end…. No room (ZERO)

Also Engine/motor plate isn’t going to happen….

Now there is the option of spending $2k+ on a set of custom headers. Last plan….and I mean VERY LAST OPTION for me

So I took the stock truck manifolds and swapped them to the opposite side of the engine, (the ports will line up as long as you don’t flip the manifolds from top to bottom (Upside down) with the stock heads the two center ports bolts will not line up (can get them drilled) the driver’s side manifold comes out straight out as the passenger side has a kick to it going away from the motor towards the frame. With using the spooled type mounts made for the gen3 hemi the passenger side motor mount is bolted and gets in the way of the oil filter so that has to be relocated, (not a problem if this was not a boosted motor and exhaust manifolds where ran the other way) but the passenger side manifold runs very close to the where the 2 oil fittings are going to be ran to do a remote oil system.

I will be trying to set the motor into place to even see if this will work in the next couple of days. But this looks like the closes thing to making this work. I will get pictures soon to show a little better of how tight and no room there is.

*****NOTE TO SELF this isn’t a LS going into a mustang, this is an Over grown Elephant trying to fit into a trashcan.

I hope this HELPS..... and I will try to keep this updated

Thanks.

Please chime in on this, input,pics, suggestions.....

Last edited by KRYPTONITE; 10/22/14 09:45 AM.