I think you'll find it if you Google it, but, sometime during the last recession Chrysler went on record saying that the V8 will be gone from the car line-up and only the trucks will have them. 25 mpg in a V8 car shows how far they have come, but it won't cut it when a 4 or 6 will do the same job and cost you less; which they realize.

I would expect expanded variations of Pentastar power (the new 3.2 for example) and MDS in a V6 like other manufactures are doing.

In the trucks, maybe expect a turbo Pentastar as the top option in 1500's with V8 power on 2500's only. CAFE is a determining factor.

I don't think the V8's will change a whole lot more than what they already have. Unless there is some magic technology, every performance/efficiency trick in the book has been used on the V8's: 300 cfm aluminum heads, lightweight rotating assemblies, roller valvetrain, trick intake/exhaust manifolds, electric fans, it's all there.

The bodies is where all the change is about to happen: Ford is all aluminum. Not much mention of the gas-guzzling 6.2 in any of the introduction propoganda, more like a focus on the smaller V6 turbo. To cheat the wind the Rams have gotten lower, active grilles, less power-robbing transmissions, more aerodynamics, air-suspension for lowering the truck, and on and on.

Lighter weight, more aero, and as mentioned, electric assist is where it's at.

Challenger? It may be the lone survivor with a V8. In the big picture, it's time could be limited. Very little is being said about the next version.........if there even is one.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".