Quote:

Quote:

It has the TF-2 kit. I will pull the pan and rear servo and make sure that the heavier spring is there. And I can drill the piston, too.

Is the #40 drill the largest that should be used or is it a starting point? In order to clean up the 2-3 overlap, I ended up pulling the valve body 3 times. I tried a .010-.015 smaller orifice each time till it cleared up. Could I do the same thing with the rear piston? Start with the #40 drill bit and go up .010 or so at a time till the shift responded?

What year is the trans ? If pre 70 maybe get the valve John mentioned and possibly tweak the passage, or switch to the later VB ??

Drilling the hole bigger and bigger till you fix the not really a problem may cause a problem ... allowing the band to slip in reverse, reverse doesn't have the sparg helping to hold the drum ...

Just a thought .

It's a post 70 tranny. And I expect to find the heavier Trans-Go spring in the rear servo.

If I back off the kick-down linkage, it will affect the part throttle shift point and likely, the WOT shift point as well. I would prefer to try to avoid that.

I will try drilling the piston as John suggested and see if that clears up the delay. If it doesn't, it doesn't seem that experimenting with enlarging the hole further has a big down side. I don't use reverse very much and can monitor any issues that may be introduced. Besides, the mod is easily reversible.

Ideally, I would hope to address the delay issue without impacting the shift points. If the choice would be that or a soft reverse, then the soft reverse would be the lesser of two evils. For me.

Any thoughts?

Master, again and still