The tranny has the rigid (not flex) band, and the rev limiter is set at 6,500. I believe the lever is a 4.2. I don't remember if the accumulator spring is in there or not.

I do realize that the car is better off shifting for itself. That is why I went to the trouble to tune the WOT shift point. And the tranny shifts great at the track. I am not looking for the tranny to shift exactly at 5,800 when manually going to second. Just respond quick enough that the car doesn't nose over and hit the limiter.

But on the street playing around, I can't give it full throttle until it gets up a little speed. You know, roll into the throttle as the tires will hold it. But that requires a manual shift to second so that it doesn't short shift at part throttle as I roll into it.

So my choice is to either hit the throttle with the selector in 2 and the tranny will short shift because it is at part throttle. I guess I can't get it to full or near-full throttle quick enough. Or hit it with the selector in 1 and then shift to 2 as I get the thottle to the floor, but that is going to cause the tranny to hold in low too long. I probably move the lever to 2 somewhere around 4,000 or so.

So stopping the drum is key, huh? Any tips there?

Last edited by DaveRS23; 10/17/14 03:31 PM.

Master, again and still