When I did a mild restoration on my 63 I put the battery in the trunk since some Max Wedge cars were like that. Myself I like it in the trunk as it gives that extra room under the hood. And since I drive my car alot I put my battery in a case as not to get acid on anything I put back there. But when it came time for the cutout switch I was not going to drill a hole in my car so I ended up drilling a hole in the drivers side taillite lens and the rod for the switch goes thru the taillite lens. I have extra tailite lens if I ever change it back but I dont intend too. So myself I like my battery in my trunk. And in case you ask the battery is on the drivers side because my buddy gave me the cable and it was not long enough to reach the pass side in the trunk. I know they always go on the right side but hey its a street car and it works fine over on the left side and I did not have to buy any more cable. You can see the shut-off switch rod sticking out of the left rear taillite. To bad it could not be off when pushed in where it looks better but who ever saw a cut-off switch that says.......pull to cut-off ? Ron