Quote:

If I am reading this correctly you are wanting to use this on fittings that are being used for a pickup for a pump in a storage tank and will remain submerged.. If that is correct why are you even concerned with any kind of sealant?? You dont say what material you are using for suction line but if it is pipe all you need is some lubricant on the threads and screw it together and if it is staying submerged even that is optional( really are you worried about the fuel in the tank leaking into the suction line??)

Quote:

This isn't for a fuel line. I'm getting tired of running to the gas station with my 5 gallon cans to get diesel fuel for my compact tractor and zero turn mower so I'm setting up a pump for them. The suction line for the pump will have a foot valve on the bottom of it that goes in a 275 gallon tank. I just wondered if teflon tape would work there (since I have lots of that around). I have some pipe dope too, but it doesn't say anything about being compatable with petroleum products. I think the yellow is for natural gas lines.

I sell, install and use 12v and 120 AC pumps in 275,300,550, and 1000 gallon tanks on a regular basis.

There's no need for a foot valve, I use 1" black iron or galvanized pipe for suction pipe keeping the suction pipe 3-4" off the bottom of the tank so it don't pickup water and sediment off the bottom of the tank.

FYI Never use the telescoping suction pipe that comes with all fuel pumps that is universal for all diameter tanks. Because it will vibrate all the way down until it's touching the bottom of the tank. The pump will still work fine because the telescoping pickup had holes in the side of the pickup pipe, but then you are sucking right off the bottom of the tank which is really bad. And there's no way to lock a telescoping pickup pipe to keep it off the bottom. Use custom cut ridge pipe.

I had a license from the state of Ohio to install and remove UG fuel tanks and have been in the business since the 80s. I did a upgrade in 1993 where we got all new pumps, liners and piping that I did myself.

Here's one of our 6 new UG tanks for our new bulk plant that we got in 2009.

And one of the old ones coming out, these are not gas station tanks, they are much larger.

Back of my truck right now.

Look like a 275 gallon tank, it's actually 2 135 gallon tanks I keep hi and low gasoline in for my mower and hot rods and bring it home in my own personal tanker truck above.