Quote:

Think ov it this way... block integrity aside, its no different than a 426 Hemi, internally. Just adding the Hemi head/stuff suddenly these are easy 8K+ engines.

now have heard talk aobut making too muhc HP on the stock block but, as far as i know good cooling oiling and balance should solve that.

HOWEVER i have been doing a wee bit of research on girdles. there are 2 styles, that i know of. Tradition and BCR. BCR seems to be the only one that makes end caps that are made to integrate with the griddle better.

The 440 blocks are no where near as strong in the main webbing as the 426 Street Hemi are with the thicker main webbing and three center mains crossbolted OP, aftermarket main girdles are a band aid that only add rigdity to the main bolts, nothing else Your best bet for additional RPM is to use a new race block and Titainum intake valves for spinning motor above 7500 RPM regulary The 440 block main webbing and main caps are very weak, 400 blocks are better There are a bunch of things that need to be very good and coordinated together to get a motor to live and make great power above 7000 Back in 1968 or 1969 Don Purdhome switch from a straight set of 3/8 diameter pushrods to a set of D&D single tapered 7/16 pushrods and pickup his old Top Fuel motor 1200 + RPM They ended up going from 7300 RPM to 8500 RPM and where able to lean the fuel flow down 20 % Valve train stability is the key to high RPM The stock 440 blocks are very weak in the main webbing, the 400 blocks are a lot better, especailly if you swap the main caps and go to main studs

you should have look at BCR, they understand it's just double stretching the main bolts.

http://www.bcrproducts.com/caps_and_girdle_system.html

more than that why should there be any difference in force applied than stock? they only way i can see it is if the crank slinging out out more vibrations...which good balancing should get rid of.

for every action there is an equal and oppsite reaction.

why does every one ay the old 440s are so good? fan boy ism? also where can i look at aftermarket blocks?