Quote:

I disagree;
I have run the "cheap" drilled rotors for many years on many different cars with no issues.By "cheap" I mean the auto store replacement rotors that some one has drilled in their shop.
Yes I agree the serve no purpose other than look cool, yes less material means less heat disapation, and yes more surface area the greater possibility of crack nuclation.... However on the street these are vary minor inefficiencys. Even in autocross events your brakes donot get hot enough for any of this to make a difference. I have found that the pads wear excessively and the rotors start to develop un-even wear long before any material fatigue can take place..... And that's on a daily driver; so these issues will be even less evident on a "good weather" car.
The quickest I have ever had a set fail was on a modern silverado I drove daily and hauled many cars/parts with. I went thru a set of ebay drilled rotors in 10k miles. Even then I blame the ceramic pads more than I do the rotors.

IMO if you like how the look go for it, if you are trying to build a "race car" you are never going to get there with ebay parts, so stop being cheap.

wow

So Professor, what is "heat disapation"?

Or "crack nuclation"?

Or this one "vary minor inefficiencys"

Kinda like a knock off professor, not the real thing but close enough for the foolish to buy.

Yeah, I know what you "meant", but if you want to be taken seriously you have to write that way, not like a beauty school drop out.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.