It's amazing how far you can adjust the strut rods forward without binding the lower control arm. In fact, I can go way to far forward and still not get any binding.

My '68 Barracuda has a slight rake to the body. Even with Firm Fell upper control arms that add positive caster, I wasn't able to get more than 1 degree of positive caster without affecting the camber. After adding Hotchkis adjustable strut rods, the car cornered like it was on rails for the first time ever, and that was with a driveway alignment using a level and a measuring tape.

Once I finalize my engine and transmission swap and other small updates to the car, I'll get it into an alignment shop for fine tuning. I don't run a bunch of negative camber (top of tire tilted in towards the car) for cornering, which costs me on a road course, but I only get on one once a year.

The rest of my driving is on the flats and mountain roads on the way to and from the beach or over to Nevada.

Here's an older picture of when I first started upgrading the suspension. It now has 1" Firm Fell torsion bars, and adjustable strut rods. I love the difference it made.

Last edited by jbc426; 09/20/14 04:05 PM.