Quote:

Quote:

I test fit Comps, PRW and RAS rocker arms on that engine. The Comps worked the best. They all fit with beehive springs, I think the RAS arms would've worked with standard springs but I don't recall.

I have the Comps with my E-brock heads and standard as delivered valve springs.

The original springs and retainers ootb were on there with these same prw rockers for around seven years with only a couple incidents of an adjuster coming loose. There were no clearance issues with the prw rockers and the stock edelbrock spring set up.

On the other hand the motor wouldn't make any more power after 5000rpm or so with a comp xe275hl or an MP 557 cam and an airgap I don't know if the springs were too soft to keep the valves from floating or if the valvejob and ports were not up to flowing the air. It dynoed at 350/400 rwhp/tq so the eddy heads were getting the job done for a hot stock replacement at around 1hp/cid.

I'm getting real close to driving this motor. It seems like time is going slowly and money is going quickly- I broke my eagle crank in two pieces in June after around seven years of beating on it. I probably have the marginal traction of my 275/60 bfg tires to thank for not breaking more stuff!