need to spend money on something you can do with
his kit... maybe I should build my own kit... it all
comes back to the sweep and your ok.. again.. not
perfect... I do my own stuff on this and my engine
turns 8200 with econo W-2s.. its not magic like the
guy is talking.. if he wants to sell his kit he should
get a BETTER attitude to his customers... I do hope
he does well with it

Mr. P, I would be interested to know what your opinion is on a couple things.

*Given the O.P "Interference" issues, what particular item in his valvetrain would you attribute this problem to? What item would you suggest be replaced to prevent this from happening?

*I really didn't think rocker arm manufacturers would recommend grinding on there parts to resolve the issue. I certainly can't imagine they will warranty the parts in the event of a failure. I guess I should call them before I hang my hat on that though.

*You mention both lowering and raising the shaft as well as valve lash caps. Obviuosly very different methods. In this particular application which would you have done and why?

*You mentioned building your own kit with tapered shims. I am curious to know how much the sweep would change with your preferred shims as opposed to the ones I just installed on my car from B3RE. I ask because my sweep is now 25% of what it was before. Substantial improvement in my opinion.

Obviously I have no "Performance based results to post yet, only measurements and pictures of what I understand to be improved / preferred geometry. In my application will Mike's kit equate to Performance gains? That has yet to be determined. It's also not to say that if it does not improve my performance that I don't have any other limiting factors to get past first. Regardless of what happens, I will be happy to share my experience.

Last thought and then I'm heading out to the garage for a bit. I have no doubt in my mind that B3RE could have corrected Radar's original problem with his kit and no grinding. The kit is posted for $120 bucks and EITHER WAY, the O.P needed push rods so that cost is a wash. I'm not saying that grinding the rocker arms didn't fix the problem and it very well may never be a problem. I'm just saying calling Mikes kit "Magic" is probably a bit out there.

If "Magic" is not using a grinder to make your rocker arms clear, prepare to be amazed.

I f I recall the OP needed to go lower on the shaft
but instead of milling the shaft mount areas he could
add a lash cap which does the same thing (the shaft
is lower in relation to the valve tip).. on the shims..
they arent mine... they make 2 sizes if I recall.
a .015 and a .030.. they might make .060... they are
that thick at the bottom then tapper out to zero
as they roll up the wall so your not applying the
side load on the pedistals... on the rockers.. no
you shouldnt need to grind them but its even suggested
in the mopar book... but the springs are to large
in diameter along with the retainers