Quote:

Anyone that says you shouldn't get a hit at the track, has never drag raced. Track prep can be all over the place. They deserve to see what they have to work with before running. They have a bunch of classes, get in where you fit in. I considered running it when I had my twin turbo vipers, but wouldn't have been competitive. I could have ran without a trailer on a real 20" invo street tire and run 8.80's on a good track. The problem, a bad track would have me run 11's. Forcing people into real street tires is a great idea, if the track conditions are right for it. When they aren't, it makes a death trap. That's why they edited my run on pass time. Someone forgot to prep the track past 300'. Car got totally sideways, almost lost it.

Only reason I suggested zero or one test pass is because that's how it's typically done in grudge racing.....it puts a lot more excitement and the car's owner's tuning ability into the mix......

I've got no problem with trailers and slicks and supplies if someone wants to haul that stuff....I've driven my street cars to the track a bunch and swapped tires and brought tools to make some runs.....

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......