I got trapped in my 51 yesterday afternoon because of my shaved handles....

It has been sitting about 6 months, no trickle charger....

Got in rolled down the power windows, hit the fuel pump switch and it sounded a little off.... Hit the key engine turned over twice then click click click. Drat, dead battery.

Hit the door switch, and just a slight click, not enough to open the door. Drat...... Oh well gonna just climb out the window....except for one thing. The top is chopped 6" and I am a bit "Fluffy"

Oh well, the boy is in the house will just ring him to come help..... Cell phone is in the house!

About 5 minutes later he comes to the shed on his 4 wheeler to see what I am up to. Just in time to see me try and climb out the window! Well, after a few minutes, I managed to get all the way to my belt with me hanging out the window in a back bend I announce I am stuck. My 11 year old freaked and wanted to call 911 LOL. Finally wiggled my way out and managed not to fall on my head.

I WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CAR WITH SHAVED HANDLES!!!!!!! They have been a PIA ever since I got it.

The doors still have the old 1951 latches, which are worn, and with a car that wants to twist some when I go out playing, they are not dependable. Hell the passenger door swung out on the wife one night. Glad I had installed seat belts!

When I break it down for paint again, it is getting door handles re-installed. It is also getting bear claws.

-Dave

8298264-51Belvedere.jpg (186 downloads)

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com