Quote:

To solve the problem, I installed an ignition button that runs directly to the starter relay. But, I prefer to wire everything to start with the ignition key.

on post 76 Mopars thats the way they did it, saving one wire from ign key but using a diff starter relay with dual prongs hooked to the starter position, ONE OF THEM isolated from it on RUn position, because if not, it will keep cranking once the key is in Run from the bypass ballast wire, through ballast.

Quote:

If I am not running a ballast resistor, can I join the (IGN 1) and (IGN 2) wires together so that I'm getting a constant 12 V to the computer, MSD ignition and fuel pump while the starter is engaging?

You don't need to remove the ballast. Simply splice the coil wire straight to the MSD module red wire ( the thin one, not the thick one )

The thin red wire is used as trigger to turn it ON, not to feed the MSD. So the voltage coming from ballas is enough to keep it ON

However if you want to remove the ballast, yes, will need to splice brown and blue wires coming from igng switch to splice it into the thin red wire.

HOWEVER ( once again ) if you want to keep somehow the stock look with the ballast, or make it easier to get it back to stock and you are unsure about keep the ballast or not due the low voltage coming from resistor, you can also remove the resistor from back of the ceramic piece, and splice in it a jumper wire. This will hide the instant "splice" of the RUN and Start circuit into the ceramic and will keep conecting this piece like stock, without deal with hack up the wiring.

To feed the fuel pump, please use a relay. You still can trigger it from same wire as the MSD

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela