Quote:

We started with a 60-2 wheel on our stuff and now use 4x flying magnet MSD wheels with a hall effect pickup.............no difference whatsoever.

Monte

My thinking is, and I way out of my league here, is often timing is talked about in one degree increments as being significant, so if a 60 tooth wheel has a resolution of 6 degrees per tooth, my original question centers around, are the ECU simply counting teeth until the -1 tooth, or are they timing the speed for ea tooth? Because it seems to me a crank really does not move at a constant rotation speed, as each cyl fires and delivers power very peaky maybe for only 30 degrees with only a max of maybe 90 degrees rotation ( and obviously the first 10? and last degrees has little benefit for added power input to the crank)

This is now all theoretical for me, as I have a 60 tooth wheel on the shelf that needs machining for mounting which i started today vs buying a machined 36 wheel.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.