Hi all,

I've been researching this and think I know the answer, but just want to get confirmation from the experts. I'm currently working on reviving a long-dormant project '66 Coronet. When I pulled the motor, I noticed it had an externally-balanced torque convertor, meant to be used with a cast crankshaft (notice the two weights on the convertor):

The 383 I have is not the original motor; I'm told it's from a '66 Chrysler 300. According to the PO, the Coronet had a seized 400 in it when he bought it (400's had cast cranks, which explains the torque convertor). The PO found the Chrysler 383 in a salvage yard, and dropped it in place just prior to selling the car to me (that is, he never ran this motor in this car). I know that 383's had forged crankshafts until 1971. This block has a casting date of 3/22/65, and it appears to have a forged crankshaft:

Here's are some pics of the damper that's on it:

From what I've read, this torque convertor cannot be used in its present configuration with this engine, correct? However, I should be able to carefully remove the two weights, and make it suitable for use with this engine. Am I understanding this correctly? Has anyone here had success doing this? As always, all suggestions are appreciated - thanks.

Roger