Quote:

Quote:

In 20+ years of driving...

And rolling-up 20,000+ miles on the odo...

I've lost one orange box...

It's been mentioned here (by my self also) that the orange boxes built within the last 10 yrs or so are garbage. The old(er) ones actually worked pretty good and held up well.

I had an orange box I bought way back in '90, and had it on three different daily drivers putting well over 150K miles on the unit before it began to die in '02 (developed an intermittent short).

That seems to be as it seems most of the orange boxes that are bad seem to have been bought after 2000 as many that say they are junk bought them after 2000 and maybe Mopar changed the vender around them as who knows how many venders they have used over the years ? I do know I bought my orange box about 1999 and its still on my 63 working good pushing it into the 10's. Also many have reported the newer orange boxes that did not die are taking timing out at higher rpms. Mine seems to not be doing that as we had my orange box on my boys Dart and when we swapped it to MSD it ran the same as it was no faster and started the same. That said if you want to use the MP I would use the chrtome box as less seem to complain about them having trouble. Ron