Do yourself a favour and get this stuff if you need an octane boost. http://www.kemcooil.com/products.php?cId=4

It is called octane supreme 130 and it works great because it has real lead in it. They are a chemical supply company that's mixes up an octane booster for "off road use" but I can tell you that it works really well. It is the same stuff they used to add to the hi-test in the 60's which is know as Ethyl. I would recommend that you use the best gas you can and then add 1-2 ounces/gallon. That should give you plenty of octane. I always have trouble with pinging until I bought a case of this stuff. When compared to mixing racing gas it might not be as cost effective but at least you can carry around a bottle and when you fill up at any gas station just mix some in. I think the other ocatane boosters that use chemical ingredients like MMT will also work but they don't seem as cost effective plus they dont have lead that the older engines like. If the booster is made from xylene or toluene, forget about it because those little bottles just won't be enough to make a difference in a big tank of gas.