Quote:

I guess I ate the flow sheets, I do remember that the flow from .650" to .700" was not much different. They peaked at 293 with 2.02" valves, now have 2.055" valves. Curtis Boggs did the port work and RyanJ freshened them and installed the new valves when I built the 408.

The lobes on the roller are gentle enough to not kill the valve gear and survive on the street. I'm thinking it's not going to be worth the $1400-$1500 to change over.

The plan is to freshen this motor over the winter, I've beat on it for five years with no issues. Just want to make sure it stays that way.

Tough call unless you want to maybe step up the compression and a bigger but not aggressive roller. I know when I went from hogged out 906`s and a solid to slightly ported rpm`s and a solid roller I went from a best of 10.48 to 9.79 BUT, I didn`t really have a handle on the chassis or tune up back then.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....