Well I made it to track day! What a freaking blast! Took the Valiant to Spokane County Raceway and put it through the paces. I drove it the (20 miles) or so to the track and back home, some of the looks the other drivers gave me were priceless (most of whom trailered theirs).

There were a dozen or so other cars, most of which were pretty fast, a Viper, Z06 Vette, a couple worked over BMW's, etc. so there was plenty of room to stretch the Valliant's legs without getting into trouble. I drove the first few laps with the track day organizer riding shotgun (wanted to see if I had adequate skills to stay alive) and then he turned me loose. After a few warm up laps I pushed it harder and harder until I was eventually comfortably pacing with the Viper.

So, after a couple sessions I can say that the little Valiant handles like it's on rails, has a bit of very predictable over steer (still messing with tire pressures to dial that in) and when you hit the straight aways it's just a little monster pulling hard until you feel your mortality coming into question and decide to lift and brake, seemingly limitless top end, I ran out of stones before I ran out of engine. What a ball to drive!

8205184-TrackDay1.jpg (106 downloads)