Quote:

The K-frame is modified. A tube runs thru the front of the K-frame and then the anti-sway bar fits in the tube. The anti-sway bar has splines on each end which drive the arms.

I'll take a look at the available room. My understanding of the splined bars is that you could run it inside a 2" tube with bearings on either end. Guess I'll see what it takes to mount up a 2" tube.

Quote:

The K-frame was also modified to clear the Milodon road race pan. The SB road race pan is fairly wide and it wasn't possible to drop the engine in from above unless the K-frame was modified.

Even after all of the modifications we still had trouble dropping the engine into place. I have a bridge crane in my shop so engine installs are usually a 15 minute job but not this one! Tim almost got the whiz wheel out but we finally got everything to fit. I'd recommend a few mods the next time the engine comes out though.

Yeah... about that... I have a 440 with a '75 spool K-frame and a Milodon road race pan. I put that in 10 years ago. Some slicing, dicing, and welding was required. The last few times I had the engine out / in I did it as an assembly from under. Dropping it in from the top may not be physically possible.

Michael
Plano, TX

Michael 1968 Barracuda Notchback Coupe 440 EFI 6-pack, T56 Magnum 6-spd