Quote:

Dude, using a sawzall will tear up blades, take you a while and will do nothing but frustrate you.
If you bring them to a shop, they may want like ten bucks to dismount 3 tires. I don't know about you, but my time is money. I tired the sawzall trick years ago and it sucks...

I was tired of paying tire shops to do mounting, dismounting, etc. I found a like new, Coats 40-40 for $125 and bought it and its a great machine to have! Now I do all my own tire work. Soon after I bought the tire machine, I found an older Snap On Wheel balancer for $250. Now I am totally self sufficient!

I bought my own too last year, should have done many years earlier.
My "friends"(at the tire shop right next door to my business) got me for $6.00 per tire to dismount and $8.00 each tire to mount. After getting that bill I decided to buy my own. Plus it's a PITA to drop em off and then have keep calling to check if there ready yet.
I've earned about 100.00 bucks with it so far this year by doing tires for friends and I've only had it about a year. I've been doing truck tires by hand for years but I could never do passenger tires, there tough with out the right tool. Mine stays on a skid so I can move it around, it's all air, no electric.