Quote:

Quote:

Cab,I hear what your saying,but you didn't change the regulator setting.

The 275 pump was set at the factory to have , I think, around 17 lbs towards the reg, I never verified that, the 300 was suppose to be set at 23 lbs to the reg Once I hooked the one line up to one of the carbs the volume went way up with the 300 pump Try flow testing yours with the different pressures and let us know what you find out I ended up turning the pressure down to 5.5 lbs later after reading a post from Monty about the higher pressures causing foam from the needles and seats, I didn't see the car slow down or pickup after that test .I think I did a pressure test years ago to compare volume when I was using two small blue Holley regs. in paralel, one fed the front of the carb and the other fed the rear bowl. It seems to me that it flowed more volume at 9.0 lbs than they did at 7.5 lbs, maybe not That was a long time ago,CRS

In the dayz of barely gettin by pumps we had to up the pressure to squeak out more power but at the cost of bowl foaming now we have bad azz pumps and we`re finding out that less pressure is more consistent w/less foam and more fuel..............I run 6 psi on my 300 pump and it works great so far............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....