Stop the presses!

Let me make sure I emphasize that I am only talking street-weenie level stuff here. Stock engines, no upgrades. I don't even begin to - or pretend to - understand the real performance side of this hobby.

John - All I'm saying is that in Drive or manual 1-2 upshift - my transmissions shift as thunderous as you describe. As far as a severe overlap, I don't even know what that means because neither of my transmissions act different in Drive or manual upshifts.

These transmissions are in a bone stock 71 Super Bee, 383 and an 84 D350 Crew Cab Dually with a bone stock 72 Imperial 440 with headers.

Again, all I did was follow some article from back in the day and I like the firm shifts for on the street in my daily drivers. If I was ever getting into the race / performance side of the house, there is no doubt I would be learning about and using totally different stuff for automatic transmissions.

52savoy - I'm not opposed at all to shift kits, none-the-least. It's just hard for me to spend money when I know of - and have 2 perfectly working vehicles with a no-bucks alternative. And if I don't find that daggone article, I probably won't trust any other article and will end up buying a shift kit for my next auto trans rebuild.