Late 80's to mid 90's magazine...
I'm p..r..e..t..t..y s..u..r..e.. there was a "Vitamin C" orange car on the cover...

Most stand-out part of the article (to me) was: it showed a picture of the valve body to illustrate something - and it said something to the effect of; "if you're doing this with the transmission in the car, hold this article above your head and look up." (paraphrased)

Anyways, point of this post is that it was / IS a phenomenal article to a FANTASTIC, PROVEN shift kit. I used it to rebuild five transmissions, two of which are mine that are still working outstanding, and I drive them daily - that I absolutely love everything about the shift pattern and performance.

Problem. (If it isn't obvious) I've lost the magazine during the past 20 years... and I want to find the article again!

In a nutshell, it was something like;
-- toss these two ball bearings (illustration),
-- drill this hole out with a 0/00th drill bit (illustration),
-- trace this picture onto a piece a cardboard, cut it out and use it as a measuring tool to adjust the line pressure to this 1- 0/0-inch distance (illustration),
-- chuck the accumulator spring, and
-- can't remember what else...

So,... does anyone else remember this article / have it / know of an e-copy?

Does this sound familiar to anyone that is knowledgeable of a same/similar process of making simple, homemade changes to a 727 to make it shift firm and perform outstanding?

Thanks in advance for any input!