Quote:

Why dick around with either and run the 70, its a 10.5" ring gear and has the same outer dimensions as a 60. I found one that has 1/2" thick 3.5" diameter tubes that weighed 58# when cut down to size. The 9" pinion is smaller than a dana 44, it only has a 3rd bearing to reduce flex. Nines are just puny compared to a real axle..Tim

Yep, a 9" Ford rear is a POS. That's why it is under 99% of the FAST race cars on the planet

Leon, you can brag about never bending your Dana housing all you want. But if you put a drag radial on that car you will bend it like a pretzel. And it has NOTHING to do with the stronger center part of the housing, it has to do with the UNBRACED tubes. What, you think the mild steel YOUR tubes are made of is magic compared to other types of mild steel

Mopar guys ALWAYS get their freaking panties in a wad if somebody disses the MIGHTY Dana.........which is a company by the way, that is NOT and NEVER was a part of Chrysler.

Again it is all about the intended application. as to which diff you need. Me personally, I don't care if it came from a Mopar, a Chevy, a Ford, a Nash or a damn VW, I just want parts that WORK.

Now again, does EVERY car on the planet need a Ford, or even a DANA rear..........the answer is NO. But for the type cars I personally work with, the answer is YES on the Ford because it is the ONLY one that WORKS.

The stuff people say before they think, just simply amazes me.

Monte