What I do with the plastic bolts, to keep from blowing the top off and destroying linkage or lines, is one of two methods.....One is you can make 4 "tethers" from very small steel cable. Fab up some small brackets at the four corners and it lifts and sets right back down......Two, is at the 4 corners, you install what amounts to a carb stud. Secure the intake top with the plastic bolts and put a spring and nut on the 4 corner studs. You are essentially making the WHOLE top the burst panel.

I know LOTS of people use them, but those small burst panels are pretty much useless. It MIGHT and I repeat MIGHT help you with a small pop when cranking, but chances are still VERY good that even if they do open, you will still taco shell the throttle plates. I would lots rather have to replace some plastic bolts and reseal the top, than try to wrestle bent throttle blades from a carb.......especially a Dominator. If the you bend them bad, you usually have to cut the throttle shafts out to get them out. Then you are out blades AND shafts.

Monte