Quote:

Are you certain that you have the 2 pan bolts that screw into the seal retainer shorter than the other 18 bolts. Some of these dopes(mr gasket for one) will ship you in their pan bolt set, all 20 the same length. When torquing bolts into the retainer they will bottom out before pan gasket is cinched and you cannot see this if engine is in car when installing pan.

As flywheel cover tucks up over pan at rear, a pan leak will appear to be rear main leaking.

Take two 5/16 x 18 pitch 1 and 1/2 long grade 8 bolts, cut off heads with a dremel tool making studs. Use these with nylock nuts and lock washers as retainer pan bolts.

I posted a very long thread on my recent misadventure on all this a few weeks ago when I installed the Mancini retainer and a Road Race pan.

If you already aware of shorter bolt requirement at retainer,please excuse me for butting in.

As an aside, the first retainer that Mancini had sent me was mis-drilled and the pan bolt holes were more shallow than they should have been which made my initial leakage even more severe.

All is well now, but was a real pain getting there.

I have studs in everything so I dont think that is the issue. I will definately double check it this weekend just to make sure.

67' charger 499 RB 10.57 at 127