Quote:

Unrelated to the overheating I would switch the stat to a 180 as a 160 is a drag race only item & 180 or above is needed for proper atomization & a 160 greatly exacerbates engine wear. The stat might be partly stuck. Rad might be partly plugged but you do have alot of of radiator but I would check it. I have never actually used those water wetters but I've never had a need to & I consider them snake oil tho I'll concede that any type of "water wetter" would slightly help heat transfer from the metal to the coolant. I think a few drops of dish soap (what I use) works just as well. other possibilities: lean mixture (vac leak). block plugged (not likely). way retarded timing (stuck weights) not likely. bad clutch fan. collapsing lower hose. slightly blown head gasket/warped head/deck. Holler what it turns out to be

mechanical distributor with 16º initial and an 18º black bushing

Clutch fan replaced, head gasket also when I swapped over to the Aluminum heads two years ago. Ran the Edelbrock Gaskets. Lean mixture....don't think so, its 12.6@idle and around 14@WOT. Lower hose has the spring in it.

I can only succumb to the blocked water passages. I drive the car and then she may sit for a month...maybe three. Gas is $9/gallon...I would love to drive her more often.

I will probably get to this job in 2-3 weeks. I just wanted to get some time in there to receive this product if its any good. Then again.....40 yrs of racing and they either use straight water, half epoxy blocks, or glycol/water....right?

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s