Quote:

If the OP does the #10 resistor wire in a replacement ballast, saves his "original" ballast, throws the points condenser and ballast in the glove box, if he has an issue with the Pertronix, it's a simple swap back, even on the roadside to get the car under way....that being said, I've been using the Pertronix conversion kits since the late 80"s, and have NEVER HAD ONE FAILURE of any Pertronix component, and I've done quite a few customers, friends, and my own rides with the conversion kits, but like anything, it's all about choosing the proper components, and a competent installation

Mike

I agree with all this. I too have been running pertronix since the late 80's early 90's on several vehicles with no failures (yet keep spare parts in the glove boxes in case). There is another way to bypass jumper the ballast that maintains the existing components inside by simply soldering in a piece of copper (ground wire or copper roofing scrap. Pertronix failure, snip the jumper, reinstall points and gap with folded business card or mstch book cover and you're on the road.
The little tag along terminal is a quick and efficient way to install the pertronix and is only one of more than one way to get 12v to the unit.
Let the op decide which is best. I've used the tag along for years with no problems and no one has noticed it.