Hey gang, I need some advise on several levels.

I am building a 38 Plymouth business coupe. I am using a Mustang 2 front suspension style via Fatman.

Right now it has a late model 8 3/4 in it that was there when I bought it. Its going to be a full fendered rig as I have all the parts, fenders, grille that are near perfect.

I now need to decide on what motor. I would love a 5.7 HEMI but I hear thats an expensive endeavor due to the wiring harness, ect. I planned on finding a salvage vehicle and pulling the motor, trans, computer ect.

The car will have electric windows, after market air and creature comforts. I want this to be a driver that can run cross country.

So that said, I keep hearing that a nice 360 is a LOT cheaper in all respects???

Can anyone give me some details on both, costs, what is available in the way of wiring for both, ect.

I am no wiring expert and will have some help from a guy who is not a mopar guy, but understands EFI, ect.

I dont mind spending a few more bucks, 2-3K to get the 5.7. running, and going but cant aford an outrageous cost difference when I know a nice built newer 360 will do the job and give me a nice RUMBLE when running.

any suggestions or advise is greatly appreciated. The car will more than likley also use a rack and pinion style steering.

Dave