Quote:

Quote:

The pictures of those certainly look nice! I ordered a kit from PG and within a month the fiberglass bubbled up terribly. There are at least a dozen bubbles the size of a dime, as well as two very tall bubbles the size of a softball. Also, within 6 months a crack appeared on the drivers side that split completely through to the scoop lid. Even after drilling it out and filling it in, the crack still grew. Customer service only offered a 40% discount off a new one, and I would be required to pay shipping for both the new bubble, and to ship mine back to them. What work was required before paint? Was it just sand and smooth with additional gel coat/primer? or was it necessary to cut out and apply new fiberglass?
Thanks for everybody's tips

That bubble and box was installed in 2006 and unless Lemon Twist has had problems with it (he bought the car) it is still good. All I had to do was sand here and there for fit, no gel coat, no fiberglass fix, no cracks. Sand and assemble, dis assemble and paint, re-assemble and show. Just the way it should work. But again that was in 2006, I have had no additional purchase from them since. I also have a 70 air grabber box from BEA and so far have not had an issue with it, but the car is just now finished and only has 12 miles on it.

That GTX was finally sold about a year ago.
Ron