Quote:

Lots of good suggestions on this thread. Don't hopscotch. Take your trouble shooting one step at a time and try and start with the easiest stuff first. Often you will find that it is NOT the worst case scenario ( dead hole, flat cam, etc.) If your problem started right after you changed something, that is usually the first place to look. If nothing shows up and you have no clues, start with the mechanicals as they are often visual checks and easy to do. All good?, move over to the fuel stuff as it is usually the next easiest to trouble shoot. Lastly, electrical, as much of it is non-visual and some of it is non-testable. With a good trouble shooting procedure ( leaving nothing out ) you will find the problem.

That is the plan and I do appreciate the input as somethings you just flat overlook as you get more frustrated.

I guess I want to reiterate. The condition appears to me as spark knock and that is why I went straight to the ignition system. As the rpm's climb the condition is much less noticeable (or disappears) and lead me to the phasing, timing, advance, and general ignition components.

I will put a list together from easiest to hardest and work my way through it. I'm sure I'll find it, just hoping it is not too bad as I have enough other junk I own to work on!