Quote:

OK, so I got it from the guy you sold it to.

I'd love to hear the backstory on this truck so I have a better idea on where to go from here. Current plan is switch to 2.94 gears and a limited slip and throw a RB crank in one of the 400's I have laying about, or possibly the 383 that's in there now. S/F....Ken M

Ken,
Biggie is my son.
You want the long story or the short story on the truck?
Biggie bought a 39 Plymouth 4 door sedan, but decided he didn't want that.
He traded the 39 for a 67 or 68 Dart.
He traded the Dart to Rhinodart for the 70 Sweptline, it was the slant 6 with a 3 speed, the trans had a bearing issue.
He bought a 77 D-150 from Eric and swapped in the frame complete. We modified the 77 frame above the rear axle by cutting off the hump on the top flange and welding in a couple pieces of 3/16 X 2 so the top of the frame was flat above the axle. Then we replaced the 77 cab mount brackets with the cab mount brackets from the 70 frame. We installed the 360 4 speed from the 77 into the Swepty, but the 360 had some issues once we got the exhaust quite enough to hear the motor. The rear axle is still the 8 3/4 that came with the 70. I thought it had a 3:23 sure grip when it left here.
Biggie bought a 68 Chrysler that donated its 383 & 727. We do not believe the 383 was original to the Chrysler. We inserted a set of rod bearings into the 383 and stuffed it and the 727 into the hole. We created the funky shifter so Biggie's daughter wouldn't kick the shifter out of gear going down the road.

We patched the bottom of the doors, the upper corners of the front fenders, and some places on the cab floor and on the box floor. We installed a fuel cell behind the axle and added the fuel fill hole in the floor of the box. Biggie drove the truck for a couple of years, until it got to small for his family.

If I remember correctly, both the 383 and the 727 could use a freshening up.
The 77 frame was in pretty good condition, and the 70 sheet metal was decent. Gene