1969 D200 Camper Special 48K original miles, but was originally white with green interior. Had an 11' slide in camper from the factory and still had it when my buddy Paul bought it on my recommendation as he was looking for one, this was in 1993. He took the camper off it and had the minimal bodywork done and the paint, then he put in a red interior but never got around to do the seat, it is still the mint green bench with a cover over it. I found a mint tailgate for it and helped him remove the saddle tanks and weld-up the holes. The original 383 has never had the motor mount bolts removed but he trans was rebuilt. I did the heads, added a nice hydraulic cam, found some used headers and had them jet hot coated, put on a stock 4-bbl intake and Carter carb, and have been having fun with it for the last 18 years! The suspension, brakes, and 4.10 Dana 60 have never been touched, and the power steering and brakes are all original except for one hose the sprung a leak. I added wheels I bought for my 96 Ram 2500 that I never used, and even the tires are still from then, I really should replace them. About 10 years ago I saw and ad from the NHRA looking for pusher trucks for the Cacklefests they put on at the Hot Rod Reunions and other shows like the U.S. Nationals so I built a push bumper and have pushed Garlits, Karamsenes, The Sour Sisters dragster, and a dozen more altereds and dragsters. In fact if anyone else wants to do it they are looking for more people especially for the U.S. Nationals this coming Labor Day!

8090831-june212011042.JPG (316 downloads)
Last edited by Rhinodart; 03/27/14 08:30 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!